Anthony Joshua’s first public statement after the fatal Nigerian car crash shares a final tribute via Instagram | International Sports News


Anthony Joshua’s first public statement after the fatal Nigerian car crash shares a final tribute via Instagram
Anthony Joshua’s first public statement after the fatal Nigerian car crash shares a final tribute via Instagram.

Famous boxer Anthony Joshua has spoken about the tragic car accident in Nigeria that killed two of his friends and sent him to the hospital. Joshua shared two photos on Instagram on Sunday, January 4, with the caption as a tribute to two of his close friends, Sina Ghami and Latif Ayodele, who died in the tragedy.“My Brother’s Keeper ❤️🪖❤️”Anthony Joshua, 36, was driving on the Lagos–Abeokuta Expressway in Nigeria, the country’s busiest highway. A collision happened on Monday, 29 December, killing two of his friends and leaving him hospitalized.Joshua had some minor injuries, but local police told the BBC that he was “fine” at the time of the event.Several photos are shared online; it seems to show Joshua being taken out of a car, shirtless. According to the eyewitness statement, the Nigerian outlet states that Joshua was “seated behind the driver” at the time of the collision, and there was “another person beside him” in the vehicle.Matchroom Boxing said in a statement, “With profound sadness, it has been confirmed that two close friends and team members, Sina Ghami and Latif Ayodele, have tragically passed away.”Anthony Joshua was hospitalized after the accident. “He is in stable condition and will remain there for observation.” In addition to the statement, “Our deepest condolences and prayers are with the families and friends of all those affected, and we ask that their privacy be respected at this incredibly difficult time. No further comment will be made at this time.”Who were Sina Ghami and Latif Ayodele to Anthony Joshua?Anthony Joshua and Sina Ghami, who founded Evolve Gym, collaborated closely on strength and conditioning. His final social media post was shared last month, featuring him working on Joshua’s body before the professional athlete’s boxing battle against Jake Paul on December 19. Latif Ayodele served as Joshua’s personal trainer and maintained a close friendship with him. In Joshua’s last post before the collision, two of them were shown playing table tennis.Anthony Joshua is a former two-time heavyweight champion, most recently defeated Jake Paul, 29, in their eagerly awaited bout, which was broadcast on Netflix from the Kaseya Center in Miami. Joshua started boxing when he was just 18, and he won a gold medal at the 2012 London Olympic Games representing Great Britain.“It wasn’t the best performance. It wasn’t the best,” Joshua claims that “The end goal was ‘pin Jake Paul down and hurt him.” Joshua’s interview earlier this month with daily mail sports, “My mind is filled with a different kind of pain. Just the stuff I want to do to my opponents. I want to compete. I want to fight. I want you to hit me. Then, I am going to hit you back 10 times harder,”“I just want to compete, and that’s where my mind is.”Also read: Anthony Joshua shared a fun table tennis game hours before the deadly car crash.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *